Running Mondays to Saturdays. Min 1 pax / Max 12 pax.
From La Antigua US$95
From Guatemala US$68
A Guatemalan Street Food and Market Tour. Stroll in the heart of Guatemala City and see how life goes normally in the Historic Center and one of its most famous avenues, La Sexta. We will have some stops to discover spots that only locals visit. You will have the chance to try some classic snacks of the city and explore the nice Central Market of the biggest city in Central America.
- Start: San Francisco Church in Historic Center (6a. avenida & 13 calle, zona 1).
- Finish: La Salamandra pub in Royal Palace Hotel (6a. avenida & 13 calle, zona 1).
- Meeting points: La Antigua: under Santa Catarina Arch (5a. Avenida Norte, at 8:50 A.M., Guatemala City: under The Obelisco Monument, zone 10, at 10:30 A.M. (wait for the coming shuttle from La Antigua).
- Duration: 4 hours.
- Finish point: Guatemala City Central Plaza, La Antigua Central Plaza.
- Finish time: 2:30 P.M. in Guatemala City, 4:00 P.M. in La Antigua.
- Culture rating: *** (3/5)
- Physical rating: ** (2/5)
- Group Size: Min 1, Max 12.
- Ages: 18+.
- Inclsions: Snacks samples, fruit and veggie samples at market, 2 rounds of dishes in Local Diner, coffee, local English speaker guide.
- Not included: tips for staff and in restaurants, drinks for lunch, deserts in Coffee Shop.
- Walk on La Sexta Avenue and stop at one snack shop. Visit the Mercado Central, explore all its corners and stop for lunch there. Finally stop for coffee and to try one of the original deserts in a Classic Guatemala City Coffee Shop.
Handpicked itinerary for Intrepid Urban Adventures
Guatemala City is the center of the country and here is where everybody meets coming from all the corners of the country. Such as the people, the best products from Guatemala´s blessed soil gathers here and thanks to that is that we can appreciate in the city the gastronomy from the different regions of the country.
- The stroll will start in front of two iconic buildings of the city Old Center: The Royal Palace Hotel Building and the San Francisco Church. We will walk on the famous La Sexta Avenida, and will be able to see other of the magnificent buildings of the city, the Police Headquarters. Our first stop is a classic in the city and is famous for a local snack, baked at the place, and accompanied with some coffee or a smoothie. After we will be able to see one of the old houses of the city center in the middle of modern and the amazing Art Deco buildings from the City Center.
- Our walk will take us first to the iconic Portal of Commerce and then to the Main Plaza of Guatemala City where you will have a view of the most important political and religious site of the modern Guatemala. After that we will go to the main market building, a 3 store building that we will go through trying different samples of Guatemala`s best fresh products. We will visit the chapel and get lost is the isles of the building and see some of the medicinal plants and natural remedies offer there. We will make a stop for lunch in one of the most famous Guatemalan “comedores” in the amazing food court of the Market. Then you will have some time to get lost in the shops and maybe get tempted by the amazing handwork of the Guatemalan artists. On our way back to the meeting point we will stop in one of the Classic Coffee Shops from the old center and try one of the more premium beans in the planet. You can also enjoy desert with authentic Guatemalan products.